Giant leaps in the sustainability features of door opening products, the latest Building Information Modeling (BIM) tools and guided tours of the Mobile Innovation Showroom are among the featured highlights of the ASSA ABLOY booth at the 2013 Greenbuild Show, November 20-22, in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
The booth pods and Mobile Innovation Showroom enable ASSA ABLOY to display its latest door opening solutions that address a number of sustainable construction challenges. Included in the product showcase are:
- Trio-E Door Opening—Energy efficient openings combine the performance of a high performing door, frame, gasketing and threshold to deliver an operable U-Factor of 0.29, the lowest U-Factor for a steel-stiffened door on the market
- Power-over-Ethernet (PoE) and Ecoflex locks—Electronic access control products that deliver high security yet require less power than an LED bulb
- Health Product Declarations (HPDs)—learn about HPDs now available on our products. HPDs represent a transparent disclosure of product contents and ingredients
- Environmental Product Declarations (EPDs) – learn about product-specific third party certified EPDs from our door opening solutions brands
- Extender Producer Responsibility – learn about our Product End of Life Recycling programs
- GREENGUARD Gold – all of our doors and frames have been tested to meet the most stringent IAQ requirements at no additional cost
- Forest Stewardship Council® certified wood doors from Graham and Maiman
- Chloroprene/Neoprene free gasketing – come and talk to PEMKO about advances in gasketing for energy efficiency and sound transmission class openings and how they’ve eliminated chloroprene/neoprene from their offering
- ASSA ABLOY Openings Studio—A new BIM tool that enables architects to include doorways in their 3D building modeling efforts
Also on display will be full-size interactive openings, acoustic and sound attenuation solutions, power supplies, decorative openings and the latest access control solutions.
ASSA ABLOY is committed to providing products and services that are environmentally sound throughout the entire production process and the product life-cycle. Our unconditional aim is to make sustainability a central part of our business philosophy, culture and strategy.
ASSA ABLOY has LEED Accredited Professionals (AP) and Green Associates (GA) that can help green your specifications. LEED professional credentials recognize professionals who have demonstrated a thorough understanding of green building techniques, the LEED green building rating systems and the certification process.
For more information about ASSA ABLOY Door Security Solutions sustainability efforts, visit www.assaabloydss.com/sustainability.
About ASSA ABLOY
ASSA ABLOY is the global leader in door opening solutions, dedicated to satisfying end-user demands for security, safety and convenience.